ePrivacy and GPDR Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent
Skip to content

Explore - Ghosts & The Supernatural

St Giles' Church, Oxford

A Woman in Grey at St Giles' Church

St Giles Church, 10 Woodstock Road, Oxford

The churchyard at St Giles' Church is haunted by the ghost of a wealthy woman whose dying wish was ignored by her greedy relatives.

Read more

Oxford Castle

Swearing Monks at Oxford Castle

Oxford Castle, New Street, Oxford

Given that Oxford Castle was the site of numerous executions over the centuries, it is perhaps unsurprising that it has it's fair share of spooks!

Read more

St Margaret's Road, Oxford

A Time-slip in St Margaret's Road

St. Margaret's Road, Oxford

Did the Principal of St Margaret's College really witness scenes from hundreds of years previously on the streets of North Oxford?

Read more

Christ Church Cathedral

The Stain of Dean Liddell at Christ Church

Christ Church Cathedral, Christ Church College, St Aldate's, Oxford

After the death of Dean Henry Liddell in 1898, a stain with an uncanny resemblance to him appeared in Christ Church Cathedral.

Read more

New College Chapel

The Ghost of Reverend Spooner

New College, Holywell Street, Oxford

New College is said to be haunted by the ghost of Reverend William Archibald Spooner, about whom the term 'Spoonerism' was coined.

Read more

Kettell Hall, Trinity College

Ghostly Twins at Trinity College

Trinity College, Broad Street, Oxford

Kettell Hall is reportedly haunted by the ghosts of twins who were scholars at the college in the early 20th century.

Read more

Red Lion, Kidlington

Ghosts at the Red Lion

The Red Lion, Oxford Road, Kidlington

This Kidlington pub is reported to be haunted by the ghost of a woman who died in the fire that destroyed the pub's original building.

Read more

Queen's College Library

Ghosts of Queen's College Library

Queens College, High Street, Oxford

The ghost of the eccentric Cuthbert Shields is believed to have been released into the library at Queen's College after a box of his papers was opened in 1950.

Read more